Steam Deck – PluginLoader
With the „PluginLoader“ you can add plugins and thus new functions to GameScope. Here can you find informations about it:
- PluginLoader: https://github.com/SteamDeckHomebrew/PluginLoader
Steam Deck – PowerTools
With „PowerTools“ you can change CPU related settings on the fly.
What can yo do with „PowerTools“?
- Limit the CPU threads of 1 to 8
- Enable / disable the CPU Boost option
- Set the CPU max frequency
Why this can help?
- Some emulators are running better with only 1 or 2 threads and you get better performance and less issues
- You can save energy from the battery, at games which need so much CPU threads
Here you can find the website of „PowerTools“:
- PowerTools: https://github.com/NGnius/PowerTools
Steam Deck – PluginLoader / PowerTools installation
At first you have to install the „PluginLoader“ and than the plugin „PowerTools“:
- If you don´t set the passwort for the Steam Deck Account, do this first: http://chilltimes.de/2022/05/01/steam-deck-set-password-for-sudo/
- Go to the System Settings and enable the Developer Mode
- Scroll down on the left side to Developer Mode
- Enable the option CEF Remote Debugging
- Switch to the Desktop mode and start the „Konsole“
5. Now enter this command in the „Konsole“:
curl -L https://github.com/SteamDeckHomebrew/PluginLoader/raw/main/dist/install_release.sh | sh
7. Go into the directory of the installed „PluginLoader“ with that commands, that we can install „PowerTools“ in the correct directory:
cd homebrew cd plugins
8. Now you have to copy the „PowerTools“ files from the GIT reposiroty to the plugins folder of „PluginLoader“. We need the permissions from sudo, because the directory is no writable without:
sudo git clone https://github.com/NGnius/PowerTools
At last you can restart the Steam Deck and now you can use the „PowerTools“ plugin. Please note: You can control the plugins only with the touchpad.